[nfais-l] Project Consultant Needed

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Mon Oct 31 10:19:56 EDT 2011

American Psychological Association/PsycINFO Seeking  Project Consultant

Call for Project Consultant

The American Psychological Association (APA) is in need of a consultant to
assist in analyzing a large mass of cited references from PsycINFO.  Among
the tasks are these:

.         Review the most highly cited authors and journals.

.         Compare them with coverage in PsycINFO.

.         Determine the subjects most often cited and compare those with
coverage in PsycINFO.

.         Critique the interface that has been built for this review and
make recommendations for improvement.

APA will provide remote access to our systems, so that work can be done
almost entirely off site at any time.  This is a short-term project for
November and December, though we likely will have additional work available
after the first of the year.  We need someone with very good analytical
skills, knowledge of bibliographic databases and references, and search
experience.  Course work in psychology would be a plus. Please contact Linda
Beebe (lbeebe at apa.org or 202-336-5636).