[nfais-l] NFAIS Announcment

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Wed Oct 26 07:45:54 EDT 2011

JUDITH RUSSELL ELECTED TO THE ARL BOARD OF DIRECTORS

NFAIS offers congratulations to our immediate Past-President, Judith C.
Russell, on her election to the Board of Directors of the Association of
Research Libraries (ARL) for the period 2011-2012. Judy, Dean of University
Libraries at the University of Florida, brings a wealth of diverse
perspectives to the position as she has done for NFAIS - having held senior
positions in both the public and private sectors in addition to her current
role in academia.  Her career includes serving as the Superintendent of
Documents at the U. S. Government Printing Office (2003 - 2007), Deputy
Director of the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science
(NCLIS), the Federal agency that advises the President and the Congress on
the information needs of the American people (1998 - 2003), and diverse
private sector positions in which  she provided management, marketing, and
technical services for such companies as Mead Data Central and the
Disclosure Information Group.

Congratulations, Judy! ARL is lucky to have you as are we.

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax