[nfais-l] Discovery Services Reading List

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Fri Jul 8 13:32:43 EDT 2011

Discovery Services Reading List

As most of you know, NFAIS is in the process of developing a Code of
Practice that defines the rights and obligations of all those involved in a
Discovery Service arrangement.  As part of the initiative, we have
identified some reading material that has expanded our knowledge and
understanding of these new information discovery channels and I would like
to share them with NFAIS members who may also be interested.  These are as
flows:

1.     Vaughn, Jason, "Web Scale Discovery Services," Library Journal, Vo.
47, No. 1, January 2011.  This is an ALA report and s available in print
($49.00) and digital ($43.00) format (
<http://www.alatechsource.org/taxonomy/term/106/web-scale-discovery-services

http://www.alatechsource.org/taxonomy/term/106/web-scale-discovery-services)
.

2.     Luther, J., Kelly, M, "The Next Generation of Discovery," Library
Journal, March 15, 2011

<http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/articlereview/889893-457/the_next_generati
on_of_discovery.html.csp>
http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/articlereview/889893-457/the_next_generatio
n_of_discovery.html.csp).

3.     Extensive bibliography of related materials that mentions the above
sources and many others that was discovered by Jill at:
<https://sites.google.com/site/urd2comparison/articles-on-discovery>
https://sites.google.com/site/urd2comparison/articles-on-discovery.

Beach reading - just in case it rains!!

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax