[nfais-l] Obituary - Bob Asleson

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Fri Jul 23 12:30:57 EDT 2010

NFAIS Joins Unlimited Priorities in Mourning the Loss of Bob Asleson,
Long-time Information Industry Executive

We just received notice that Bob Asleson, an information industry executive
known to many of you, passed away yesterday.  Bob was a member of Unlimited
Priorities Corporation's Board and we join them in mourning their loss.
Please note the obituary below.

In Memoriam:  Bob Asleson

October 11, 1935 - July 22, 2010

It is with heavy hearts that we acknowledge the passing of Bob Asleson, a
long-time member of the Unlimited Priorities Advisory Board.

Bob was a native of Minnesota and a graduate of the University of Minnesota.
In addition, he earned a JD Degree from George Washington University.

Following three years of active duty in the US Navy, he joined Xerox
Corporation where he was affiliated with University Microfilms and R. R.
Bowker. Following associations with Information Handling Services,
International Thomson, The Library Corporation and numerous M & A consulting
assignments, he moved on to represent the interests of a private family
firm, The Redalen Group, where his primary involvement was with Paratext and
Children's Literature Comprehensive Database.  Bob served on countless
information industry boards, including that of Unlimited Priorities.

Bob was an avid lover of jazz and convertible Jaguars.  He is survived by
his loving wife, three accomplished daughters, their husbands and seven
grandchildren.

We salute Bob's dedication and many contributions to the information
industry-he was truly one of the industry good guys.  So long, Bob. We will
miss you.

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax