[nfais-l] NFAIS ASIDIC Merger

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Thu Jul 1 16:02:56 EDT 2010

NFAIS and ASIDIC Announce Merger

Several weeks ago I contacted you regarding a possible merger between NFAIS
and ASIDIC. With somewhat conflicting emotions I announce that as of June
30, 2010, ASIDIC members are now NFAIS members as a result of the
dissolution of ASIDIC.  With joy, I welcome our newest members into the
NFAIS Community.  Yet with sadness I say farewell to a respected sister
organization who admirably fulfilled its mission for more than forty years
and served its members well.

Many NFAIS members were also members of ASIDIC and I know that you share my
feelings. In his final letter to the ASIDIC membership ASIDIC President, Tim
Ingoldsby, encouraged them to raise a glass to ASIDIC in memory of the
people and meetings that have been at the heart of the organization. I
encourage you all to do the same, especially since many of those people have
been at the core of NFAIS as well.

So today we unite and move forward as one organization into the future. What
that future holds, we cannot foresee, but we welcome our newest members and,
as part of a larger, stronger NFAIS Community, we will meet the challenges
and opportunities.. together.

For more details, see the joint NFAIS/ASIDIC press release at:
http://nfais.brightegg.com/page/275-june-30-nfais-and-asidic-announce-merger
.

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax