[nfais-l] NFAIS Request

Bonnie Lawlor blawlor at nfais.org
Tue Aug 17 13:39:31 EDT 2010

Journal Article Supplemental Materials: Request for Samples and Guidelines
for Handling

As you may know, NFAIS and NISO are working on a joint initiative to develop
recommended practices on the handling of supplemental material that is
associated with journal articles.  The practices will apply to authors,
publishers, database producers, etc. As part of the process we are
attempting to gather samples of existing guidelines as well as samples of
the kinds of supplemental materials that are currently being processed.

If your organization deals with supplemental materials, we would very much
appreciate receiving any input that you can provide.  You can send them to
my attention (see contact information below) - ideally by September 3, 2010.

My sincere thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.  This
is an exciting project from which all members of the information community
will benefit.

Bonnie Lawlor

Executive Director

National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS)

1518 Walnut Street, Suite 1004

Philadelphia, PA 19102

1-215-893-1561 Phone

1-215-893-1564 Fax