[nfais-l] Discovery Services

Jill O'Neill jilloneill at nfais.org
Thu Aug 5 15:47:04 EDT 2010

About mid-July, I sent out a note to the NFAIS membership about Barbara
Quint's column on discovery services that appeared in Information Today.
Specifically, I wrote "NFAIS members may be interested in Barbara Quint's
column in this month's issue of Information Today (The Undiscovered
Discovery, Information Today, pgs 7-8). Quoting the blurb in the IT table of
contents, "bq details some pitfalls in evaluating discovery services." It's
unfortunate that it's not available online but here's one quick line, ".I
still think these services are a good idea, probably an essential one.
Someone has to find a way to make library-licensed material more amenable to
a Google world."

Barbara Quint let me know this week that the column is now freely accessible
at: http://www.infotoday.com/IT/jul10/Quint.shtml. If you hadn't had time
before to seek it out, here is your opportunity to read her work.

Jill O'Neill

Director, Planning & Communication

NFAIS

(v) 215-893-1561