[MDL] FW: [Lyroffers] Knowledge Unlatched Announces New Pledging Round, Offers Webinar
Maryland Digital Library
mdl at lyrasis.org
Wed May 11 10:44:06 EDT 2022
From: lyroffers-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <lyroffers-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Jill Grogg
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 2:06 PM
To: lyroffers at lyralists.lyrasis.org
Subject: [Lyroffers] Knowledge Unlatched Announces New Pledging Round, Offers Webinar
[cid:image001.png at 01D8646E.8D43CA80]
LYRASIS is pleased to continue our support for the innovative Knowledge Unlatched Open Access program<https://www.lyrasis.org/content/Pages/product-details.aspx?pid=82858FCA-1A2D-E311-B173-18A9053F8A60> as it opens its 9th pledging round, offering libraries opportunities to support the creation and dissemination of high quality scholarly content without paywalls.
Knowledge Unlatched Announces New Pledging Round
* Knowledge Unlatched (KU) launched its 9th pledging round on May 3, 2022. In this new pledging round, KU will offer 343 books (151 front list and 292 backlist) in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). Institutions can pledge for the full collection, front list only, or by subject package: Anthropology; Communication, Cultural and Media Studies; English Language and Literature; History, Modern Languages and Linguistics; Politics and International Studies; and Sociology.
* KU Select 2023 HSS Books<https://www.knowledgeunlatched.org/ku-select-2023/> (named "2023" to reflect the year in which most of the books will be unlatched)
* Provisional title lists are available<https://openresearch.community/posts/provisional-title-lists-ku-select-2023-hss-books?room_id=ku-pledging-2022>
* Libraries can pledge their support for KU and its partner initiatives between now and the end of November 2022 at the KU website<http://www.knowledgeunlatched.org/>.
* The full press release<https://knowledgeunlatched.org/2022/05/knowledge-unlatched-launches-the-2022-funding-round/> about the new pledging round and other developments is available, and the KU Brochure<https://openresearch.community/documents/ku-brochure-2022?room_id=ku-pledging-2022> provides detailed information about all available pledging opportunities. Additionally, information about pledging for 2022 is available at the KU website here: https://openresearch.community/rooms/ku-pledging-2022.
KU Webinar about New Collections, Partnerships, and Developments
* Our KU colleagues will give a short presentation about the new models and collections from KU in 2022, including some exciting new partner initiatives, on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at noon eastern. Registration for the webinar is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about KU. A recording will be available after the webinar concludes.
* Registration opens soon here: https://knowledgeunlatched.org/webinars/
Highlighted and New Offerings for 2022:
* KU Focus Collections<https://knowledgeunlatched.org/focus-collection/> on current issues:
* KU Focus Collection 2023: Climate Change: A special collection containing 20 frontlist titles from several publishers around one topical, cutting edge theme. Last year, KU introduced the first KU Focus Collection, which was on the topic of Climate Change and which proved to be a great success. Thanks to the overwhelming support from institutions around the world, KU will be able to make 25 books OA in 2022 for this collection. The pledging price is $2,836.
* KU Focus Collection 2023: Global Health: A special collection containing 20 titles from several publishers. KU asked librarians for feedback after last year's successful focus collection around climate change, and the majority of participants favored two focus collections: one again on climate change and a new one on global health. The pledging price is $2,836.
* Latest Thinking on the Climate Action: Latest Thinking envisions to broaden the impact of scholarly works. Their independent OA platform provides video summaries of research findings covering all academic fields. All original videos are based on peer-reviewed academic publications and brought to you by the authors in person via a video player which navigates users through the scholar's flow of ideas. A pledge of $3,403 for this collection will help support the funding of 20 new videos in the highly topical area of climate action.
* KU Inclusion: The Struggle for Democracy<https://knowledgeunlatched.org/ku-open-opportunities/>: Partnering with the University of Michigan Press, this package focuses on the current topic of peace and justice. Ten new titles are due for publication in the course of 2023, and the cost to pledge is $2,950.
* Emerald Publishing Responsible Management and the SDGs 2023-2025<https://knowledgeunlatched.org/business/>: This collection features books from the fields of business and management; HR and organization studies; economics; tourism and hospitality; property management and built environment; and other related fields. All titles in the collection will have a distinct focus on responding to and achieving the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals, with a particular focus on SDGs 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth); 9 (Industry , Innovation, and Infrastructure); and 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production). Key topics include: Diversity; inclusion and gender and racial equality in the workplace; sustainable supply chains; supporting economic growth in developing countries; ending forced labor, modern slavery, and human trafficking; and more. The pledging price is $2,496 over 3 years.
KU also has a number of other ways to contribute and support OA through a variety of partnerships and initiatives. Please visit either the KU website<https://knowledgeunlatched.org/> or review the KU brochure<https://openresearch.community/documents/ku-brochure-2022?room_id=ku-pledging-2022> to learn more.
If you have questions, please contact Jill Grogg at jill.grogg at lyrasis.org<mailto:jill.grogg at lyrasis.org>.
LYRASIS Content & Scholarly Communications Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3175 bytes
More information about the MDL