[MDL] Campaign to lower pricing for July renewals

Maryland Digital Library mdl at lyrasis.org
Mon Apr 20 08:44:52 EDT 2020

Dear MDL members,

In response to the COVID 19 crisis, LYRASIS has undertaken a dedicated outreach campaign to ask our vendor and publisher partners to offer flat pricing for the upcoming July renewals. In some cases, we are pleased to report that vendors have responded with a 0% increase for resources. Others have stepped up with lower pricing. We appreciate the response from our vendor partners and see it as a good sign for the future. The goal is to help MDL libraries maintain the resources that you all need for your academic programs.  Our campaign continues as LYRASIS is still in conversation with some of our vendor partners to adjust pricing downward for resources that renew on July 1st.

So far, the results of this campaign are:

Columbia University Press                        0% increase
CREDO                                                           0% increase
Encyclopedia Britannica                            0% increase
Gale Cengage                                               0% increase
Lexis-Nexis                                                    0% increase
Chronicle of Higher Education                 2% increase
EBSCO                                                           2% increase (reduction from 3% in current agreement for proprietary resources)
ProQuest                                                       2.5%

Because of this ongoing initiative, our rollout of renewal pricing has been slowed down. With that in mind, pricing may not arrive until after the planned date of May 4th. We appreciate your patience as we work to finalize pricing for the upcoming renewals. I will do my best to keep everyone informed of expected timing.

Sending you and your library team good wishes.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Jennifer McGovern
Group Services Representative