[MDL] FW: 2020-21 Nexis Uni Renewal Pricing Update

Maryland Digital Library mdl at lyrasis.org
Tue Apr 7 13:07:28 EDT 2020

From: lyroffers-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <lyroffers-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Celeste Feather
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 5:10 PM
To: 'lyroffers at lyralists.lyrasis.org' <lyroffers at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Lyroffers] 2020-21 Nexis Uni Renewal Pricing Update

[cid:image001.png at 01D60C1D.E08CD840]

Hi Everyone,

I want to share an update with you about 2020-21 renewal pricing for Nexis Uni, one of the more commonly purchased databases across our membership that includes news, legal, and business content.

In light of the global pandemic, I asked LexisNexis to reconsider the 2020 renewal pricing proposal for Nexis Uni that we had negotiated in late February. I am very pleased to report that LexisNexis has now agreed to no price increases for the July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 renewals. All libraries will be asked to renew at the same price paid last year.

LYRASIS (and formerly one of our predecessor organizations, SOLINET) has negotiated US national pricing for Nexis Uni since the product arrived on the market in the late 1990s. Formerly the product was known as Academic Universe and LexisNexis Academic. Many US consortia collaborated at that time to set up a national administration program based at SOLINET. I've personally been involved in these negotiations since 2014.

We will continue working with all LYRASIS vendors on special efforts to contain costs for the upcoming renewal cycle.

Onwards!

Best,

Celeste

Celeste Feather, MA, MLS [879F32B5] https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5907-7606
Senior Director of Content and Scholarly Communication Initiatives
LYRASIS
celeste.feather at lyrasis.org<mailto:celeste.feather at lyrasis.org>
800.999.8558 x2954 (toll-free)
678-235-2954 (direct)