[MDL] MDL Vendor event Jan. 9 - Agenda & RSVP

Beth Scheinfeld Beth.Scheinfeld at lyrasis.org
Thu Jan 3 11:41:48 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions for the January 9th vendor event before the MDL annual membership meeting.  We looked carefully at your suggestions and have put together the agenda below that focuses on eBooks and other selected topics of interest.  Due to space considerations and the short timeframe we couldn't include everyone at this event, but we have ideas for engaging them going forward and we'll say more about that on the 9th.  With your input and assessment, at the end of the day we will all have a better understanding of the products and the MDL group's objectives.

Please RSVP to clpsupport at lyrasis.org<mailto:clpsupport at lyrasis.org> to let us know if you or someone else from your institution will be attending.  Also tell us if you have any specific questions that you would like to be addressed by the presenting vendors.

Maryland Digital Library Vendor Event
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
9:00am-12:00pm
UMBC Main Seminar Room, 1st Floor
Coffee and continental breakfast will be provided

AGENDA
Part I  9:00
Welcome & Introductions (LYRASIS)
EBSCO Presentation (Ann Murdock)

1.       Comparison of available resources for the coverage of art e.g. Art Index, Art Abstracts, Art Full Text, Art Source.

2.       Any of the disciplines in which the new "Source" databases are offered.
9:40  Break and Vendor Assessment Survey

Part II 10:00
Credo Subject Collections Presentation (Jackie Ricords)
10:40  Break and Vendor Assessment Survey

Part III  eBooks Presentations - Platforms, ease of use, capabilities for printing and downloading, as well as the purchase options, with emphasis on subscription vs. patron-driven lease or purchase.
10:50   ProQuest ebrary (Kevin Carroll)
11:25   Rittenhouse R2 Digital Library (Joe Gorski)
12:00  Vendor Assessment Surveys and event end.

We look forward to an information-rich event and to seeing many of you and your colleagues on the 9th.

Beth Scheinfeld
800.999.8558 x2903
beth.scheinfeld at lyrasis.org<mailto:beth.scheinfeld at lyrasis.org>
www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/>