[MDL] Jan.9 Vendor event recording & New offer survey due Feb.8

CLP Support clpsupport at lyrasis.org
Wed Feb 6 15:44:41 EST 2013

Hello Everyone -

Thanks to all who joined us for the MDL vendor event on 1/9 at the UMBC Tech Center.  About 50 people attended from 25 different institutions.  We received positive feedback and look forward to coordinating other similar events in the future. The link to the recording of the vendor presentations is at the end of this message.

Next steps:  The assessment surveys completed at the 1/9 event indicate interest in eBooks and the EBSCO Art and new "Source" products.  To talk with vendors about a group offer, a bit more information is needed to assess your readiness to order new or add to current content before June 30th.  A 4-question survey has been created to gather this information.  Click here for the survey and complete by end of day Feb. 8<http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1390468-rvulhHO8z9> (or copy and paste: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1390468-rvulhHO8z9). LYRASIS will work with respective vendors if responses indicate sufficient ability to form a group in the immediate future.

Coming soon:  LYRASIS will present information on our eBook Collaborative<http://www.lyrasis.org/Products-and-Services/LYRASIS-Digital-Electronic-Resources/eBook-Collaborative.aspx> in late February/early March.  Celeste Feather in our Licensing department will host via webinar.  Watch for an announcement with the date.

Wondering why your suggested vendor/product wasn't represented at the 1/9 event?  We couldn't include everyone due to the short timeframe.  These vendors may be considered for inclusion in a future vendor event.  If you suggested a product from a vendor that is already on the MDL list, please let me know and I will check on pricing. The MDL product list<http://extra.lyrasis.org/sites/groups/mdl_usmai/Lists/MDL%20Product%20list%203/Product%20list.aspx> is available at SharePoint in the Links section beneath the MDL logo and will be updated as things change.

The AdobeConnect recording of the 19 vendor presentations is available on SharePoint at this link<https://lyrasis.adobeconnect.com/_a782640538/p8xwfa68jn5/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal> (or copy and paste: https://lyrasis.adobeconnect.com/_a782640538/p8xwfa68jn5/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal).
Time markers for the presentations are noted below.  You can adjust the slidebar at the bottom of the AdobeConnect screen to move a specific presentation.

0:00:01  EBSCO Art databases & new "Source" products
0:29:18  Credo Reference, Literati, Subject Collections
1:09:50  ProQuest ebrary
1:45:25  Rittenhouse Digital Library

We are excited about the opportunities to help the MDL expand its portfolio.  Let me know if you have questions or comments.

Beth

Beth Scheinfeld
LYRASIS Group Services Team
800.999.8558 x2903
www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/>

LYRASIS: Advancing Knowledge

Going Digital? Please ask me about LYRASIS Digital.