[LyrDataCite] New metadata schema (4.4) released today

Sheila Rabun Sheila.Rabun at lyrasis.org
Wed Mar 31 13:18:02 EDT 2021

Hi all,

DataCite has just released the newest version of their metadata schema, version 4.4: https://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-4.4/ - on this page you can see the details of how 4.4 is different from the previous version 4.3. The most exciting aspect in my opinion is the addition of several new resource types, including:

  *   Book
  *   BookChapter
  *   ComputationalNotebook
  *   ConferencePaper
  *   ConferenceProceeding
  *   Dissertation
  *   Journal
  *   JournalArticle
  *   OutputsManagementPlan
  *   PeerReview
  *   Preprint
  *   Report
  *   Standard

You can view the full schema and definitions in the PDF: https://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-4.4/doc/DataCite-MetadataKernel_v4.4.pdf. We will talk about these changes at our community call next week (April 7: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zos6w5cYUtBmkyDRJH-7D-QRzpS-fweRbvGyi352s2A/edit?usp=sharing). In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to reply to this message or contact me directly.

Best,
Sheila

Sheila Rabun, MA, MLIS [cid:image001.gif at 01D72616.86EC5450]  https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279
Program Leader for Persistent Identifier Communities
ORCID US Community: https://twitter.com/USconsortium
LYRASIS DataCite US Community: https://twitter.com/USDOIconsortium
Phone: 1-800-999-8558 x4809
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Recognize me: https://rescognito.com/0000-0002-1196-6279

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D72616.86EC5450]
[cid:image003.png at 01D72616.86EC5450]

I live, work, and learn on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Learn more about the Kalapuya people<https://ndnhistoryresearch.com/tribal-regions/kalapuyan-ethnohistory/>, their history, and the history of this land. Learn about land acknowledgments<http://landacknowledgements.org/> and ways to be in solidarity with Native nations beyond land acknowledgments.