[LyrDataCite] Persistent Identifier (PID) Graphs & Repositories webinar: April 21

Sheila Rabun Sheila.Rabun at lyrasis.org
Thu Apr 8 12:20:18 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I am passing along info about an upcoming webinar, hosted by the FAIRsFAIR<https://www.fairsfair.eu/repository-support-webinars> project, based in Europe, on "The role of Repositories in enabling Persistent Identifier (PID) Graphs" as part of their Repository Support Series -

  *   When: Wed. April 21, 2021 - 8:30am Eastern
  *   Registration: Webinar Registration - Zoom<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ftuTmtTuQGOATaa80kiqOg>
  *   Details: Persistent Identifiers (PIDs) such as DOIs play a central role in the FAIR<https://www.go-fair.org/> (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) ecosystem. PIDs enable the unique identification of digital entities and provide a way for us to refer to entities in a persistent way. The power of PIDs is amplified when they are connected with each other, creating a PID Graph. This webinar will dive into the concept of the PID Graph and their usefulness for repositories. The webinar will close with an outlook on the work being done to support PID Graphs and the ongoing and upcoming activities taking place in the FAIRsFAIR project. This webinar is the first of our series to support repositories to become more FAIR-enabling. More info: FAIRsFAIR Repository Support Series Webinars | FAIRsFAIR<https://www.fairsfair.eu/repository-support-webinars>

Since this webinar is coming from Europe it is pretty early for US time zones, but I believe that a recording link will be sent to all who registered.

Best,
Sheila

Sheila Rabun, MA, MLIS [cid:image001.gif at 01D72C58.623B32F0]  https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279
Program Leader for Persistent Identifier Communities
ORCID US Community: https://twitter.com/USconsortium
LYRASIS DataCite US Community: https://twitter.com/USDOIconsortium
Phone: 1-800-999-8558 x4809
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Recognize me: https://rescognito.com/0000-0002-1196-6279

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D72C58.623B32F0]
[cid:image003.png at 01D72C58.623B32F0]

I live, work, and learn on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Learn more about the Kalapuya people<https://ndnhistoryresearch.com/tribal-regions/kalapuyan-ethnohistory/>, their history, and the history of this land. Learn about land acknowledgments<http://landacknowledgements.org/> and ways to be in solidarity with Native nations beyond land acknowledgments.