[Lyrarl] Reminder: Knowledge Unlatched and University Press eBook Special Offers

Warren Holder warren.holder at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 26 12:07:15 EST 2016

Hi,

   I retired 2 1/2 years ago from the University of Toronto libraries and so my name should probably be taken off this listserv.

    Thanks,

      Warren

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 25, 2016, at 2:30 PM, Sharla Lair <Sharla.Lair at lyrasis.org<mailto:Sharla.Lair at lyrasis.org>> wrote:

Hello everyone. Deadlines are approaching at the end of next month for ARL Licensing Initiative offers through LYRASIS for university press ebook content from Project MUSE, Duke University Press, and Oxford University Press Scholarship Online. The deadline to pledge support for the Knowledge Unlatched Round 2 initiative for open access scholarly ebooks is also at the end of February.

More information is below. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will be glad to work with you if you are interested in participating in any of these offers.

Knowledge Unlatched Round 2 Collection<http://collections.knowledgeunlatched.org/>
The pledging period ends on Feb. 28, 2016. As of today, 180 libraries worldwide (60% of the goal) have pledged funds towards making the 78 scholarly books in the Round 2 Collection open access. All titles are scheduled to be published in the first half of 2016. A recording of a recent webinar about KU Round 2 is available at http://bit.ly/1lZSy7l.

2016 Oxford's University Press Scholarship Online eBook Collections Offer (UPSO)<http://www.universitypressscholarship.com/>
Oxford is providing a More-the-Merrier offer with discounts based on the number of participating libraries. All libraries receive at least 25% off list price for orders placed by February 26, 2016.

e-Duke Scholarly Books Collection and Books Archive<https://www.dukeupress.edu/Libraries/collectionDetail.php?collectionid=2>
Discount up to 15% based on final number of participants in the following content by February 29, 2016.

·         2016-2008 annual package purchases
·         E-Duke Books Archive (pre-2008 titles)

Project MUSE/UPCC eBook Collections Offer<http://muse.jhu.edu/about/UPCC.html>
The following special offers are available through February 29, 2016:

  *   Early Purchase Offer on 2014 – 2016 Bundle Collections, 15-20% off list price
  *   Early Purchase Offer on New 2016 Collections, 15% off list price

Sharla Lair
Licensing Program Strategist
sharla.lair at lyrasis.org<mailto:sharla.lair at lyrasis.org>
404-977-0060 cell