[Lyrarl] 2015 Project MUSE/UPCC eBook Collections Offer

Celeste Feather celeste.feather at lyrasis.org
Wed Nov 12 16:58:27 EST 2014

For the 4th year, I am pleased to announce a special ARL Licensing Initiative Offer from Project MUSE for the UPCC eBook Collections. Details are in the attached memo and pricing spreadsheet.

The Project MUSE/UPCC collections have gained a sizeable footprint in the marketplace now. I was glad for the opportunity to participate in two panels at the recent Charleston Conference with librarians that are delving deeply into their use of these collections. Harvard, Emory, and Yale presented their findings to date on the usage of MUSE titles in print and electronic formats. UNC-Charlotte presented an interesting case study of their successful outreach to faculty to select DRM-free MUSE titles as course adoption titles this fall.

This year for the first time we have been able to negotiate special offers for smaller libraries in the MUSE pricing tiers. I am glad to see more opportunities extended to other libraries, as that is one of the goals of the ARL Licensing Initiative.

In addition to the annual special offers for the entire MUSE ALL BOOKS collection and the annual "top-off" collection for the libraries that have already purchased ALL BOOKS, there are other Special Offers that extend through March 31, 2015. They include:

*         Early Purchase Offer on 2015 Collections for Libraries That Purchased Collections in 2014: 20% discount on 2015 Complete, or 15% discount on any 2015 Subject or Area Studies

*         2013-2015 Complete Bundle:  20% off the purchase of all 9,067 titles from 2013-2015

*         2013-2015 Subject or Area Studies Bundle: 15% off the bundled purchase of Subject or Area Studies collections from 2013-2015

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will be glad to work with you if you are interested in placing orders for the MUSE/UPCC collections in 2015.

Celeste

Celeste Feather
Senior Licensing Program Account Manager
LYRASIS
celeste.feather at lyrasis.org<mailto:celeste.feather at lyrasis.org>
800-999-8558 ext. 2954 (Toll-free)
678-235-2954 (Direct)