[Lyrarl] Update re Harvard U Press ebook collections 2014

Celeste Feather celeste.feather at lyrasis.org
Tue Jan 21 15:57:14 EST 2014

Hi All,

I want to give you a quick update regarding the Harvard University Press ebook collections from De Gruyter in 2014. Last year over 50 libraries from multiple consortia in the US and Canada participated in the Harvard University Press ebook offer from De Gruyter. Interest was high in these collections, and I know that interest in acquiring 2014 content is also high.

I do not yet have an offer for 2014 to share with you due to some delays by Harvard and De Gruyter, but I now anticipate having information to share in early February. Although there are a number of outstanding issues, the core one is that the projected title count for the 2013 collection was substantially higher than the actual number of titles included in the collection. We will negotiate a way (or ways) to make everything fair to all libraries that purchased the 2013 collection. From my discussions with Harvard and De Gruyter, I believe that part of the delay for the 2014 collections is due to their careful ongoing work to improve the content flow and the administration of the 2014 HUP collection at De Gruyter Online.

I appreciate your patience, and will be glad to respond to any questions or concerns.

Celeste

Celeste Feather
Senior Licensing Program Account Manager
LYRASIS
celeste.feather at lyrasis.org<mailto:celeste.feather at lyrasis.org>
800-999-8558 ext. 2954 (Toll-free)
678-235-2954 (Direct)