[Lyrarl] UPSO, MUSE, HUP, and a helpful table

Celeste Feather celeste.feather at lyrasis.org
Wed Jan 9 11:40:49 EST 2013

Here's a concise summary and reminder of the offers now on the table through the ARL Licensing Initiative. I realize that there was a flurry of activity near the end of the year and thought that you might find this information helpful as you return to work from the holiday season.

University Press Scholarship Online from Oxford University Press
Many collections available in 25 subjects, 11 presses, and 3 years (2011-2013)
Highest discounts are 45-60% off list depending on collection if we gather at least 126 libraries
ARL libraries are priced by FTE tiers
4% administrative fee applied to orders per the ARL/LYRASIS contract, and lowered if a $1.5 million threshold is reached (previously misstated as 5%!)
Offer runs through February 28, 2013

Project MUSE/UPCC 2013 Ebook Collections
22 subject collections and 2010-2013 annual collections from 81 university and scholarly presses
Special incentive offers for collections are available with per title costs of $9-$24 for ARL academic libraries
Special offer pricing not based on number of participants as in the HUP and UPSO offers
5% administrative fee applied to orders per the ARL/LYRASIS contract, and lowered if a $1.5 million threshold is reached (remains at 5% as stated previously)
Special offers run through March 31, 2013

Harvard University Press 2011-2013 content through De Gruyter Online

Two collections available: 2011-12 (2321 titles) and 2013 (166 titles)
12.5% discount off paperback list price if we gather at least 30 libraries
All ARL libraries are grouped in a single pricing tier
To date 10 libraries in the US and Canada have indicated willingness to participate
4% administrative fee applied orders per the ARL/LYRASIS contract, and lowered if a $1.5 million threshold is reached (previously misstated as 5%!)
Offer runs through April 30, 2013

Also, here's a link to the latest version of my tracking file (http://bit.ly/WzjdTM)  that shows which North American university presses have content at the major university press ebook hosting sites that have been developed recently. I hope this file is useful to you as you consider your options to acquire this content. Most of the major presses in terms of annual ebook output are already hosting their content at one of these sites.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or help in any way.

Celeste

Celeste Feather
Licensing Program Account Manager
LYRASIS