[Lyrarl] Response requested re: Project MUSE Ebooks

Joseph Hafner joseph.hafner at mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 1 16:20:22 EDT 2012

We are interested in purchasing these before June 30 for McGill.

Joseph Hafner
Associate Director, Collection Services

Sent from my iPad

On 2012-06-01, at 2:10 PM, "Celeste Feather" <celeste.feather at lyrasis.org<mailto:celeste.feather at lyrasis.org>> wrote:

As June 30 and the end of the fiscal year approaches for many of the US libraries, we’d like to have a quick show of hands about how your local decisions on the Project MUSE ebook offer through the ARL Licensing Initiative are proceeding. We’ve received some orders already, but as we turn our attention to more potential negotiations for university press ebook collections it would be helpful to have a broader sense of how this first offer has been received in advance of the August 31 deadline.
Please respond to Celeste at celeste.feather at lyrasis.org<mailto:celeste.feather at lyrasis.org> and let her know if:
1)      Your library is considering a purchase of MUSE ebooks prior to June 30
2)      Your library is considering a purchase of MUSE ebooks between July 1 and the August 31 deadline
3)      Your library is not considering a purchase of MUSE ebooks.

Thanks,
Julia Blixrud (ARL)
Celeste Feather (LYRASIS)

Celeste Feather