[Lyrarl] Update on Project MUSE and JSTOR ebooks

Louis Houle louis.houle at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 23 11:18:29 EST 2012

Celeste,

I thought that you were going to say that the best thing would be to remain silent on the governing law. I do agree with you that this is probably the best  option and we had to do the same thing here with some of our e-resources but I do have to say that this does not satisfy us 100%. I am saying this because depending on the contract laws of your country, state or province, silent on this = the laws from the vendor's country. This is the case here in Quebec. This is just an FYI and this scenario is probably occurring in other provinces and states.

Louis