[Lyrarl] Discussions with De Gruyter, OUP, and JSTOR

Celeste Feather celeste.feather at lyrasis.org
Thu Aug 9 12:00:03 EDT 2012

All,

As we approach the August 31 conclusion of our first ARL special offer for Project MUSE ebooks, I want to keep you posted about other conversations we are having regarding other university press collections. We will of course work with MUSE on pricing for 2013 collections when they are ready to discuss that in the early fall.

Oxford University Press announced this morning that they have signed the University of Chicago Press for ebook content on Oxford's UPSO platform. The other major press they have signed is the University of California Press. They are very interested in working on an ARL offer and we are in frequent communication now. Oxford would like to make an offer for their own content and that of the other university presses at UPSO.

De Gruyter is representing Harvard University Press and hosting 2011-2012 frontlist content at De Gruyter Online. They have a lot of flexibility and are very willing to negotiate an ARL offer for HUP content.

We are continuing to work with JSTOR, but things are moving more slowly on that front.

Celeste

Celeste Feather
Licensing Program Account Manager
LYRASIS