<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">
<style type="text/css" style="display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir="ltr">
<div id="divtagdefaultwrapper" style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
<br>
<p>Hi Sally,</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Yes, that would be great. However, I am leaving Wed evening. Maybe there's a time before then that would work?</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>b,chris. <br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<div id="Signature">
<div name="divtagdefaultwrapper" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:; margin:0">
<div class="BodyFragment"><font size="2">
<div class="PlainText">Chris Fitzpatrick | <font size="2">Developer, ArchivesSpace</font><br>
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: 918.236.6048<br>
http://archivesspace.org/<br>
</div>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
<br>
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<hr tabindex="-1" style="display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id="divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt" color="#000000" face="Calibri, sans-serif"><b>From:</b> archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of Galligan, Patrick
 <PGalligan@rockarch.org><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, March 06, 2016 10:37 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> 'Archivesspace Users Group'; 'Archivesspace Users Group'<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Code4Lib 2016 events</font>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>Sally,<br>
<br>
I'd definitely be down to talk about messaging etc. there's an artefactual meetup at Wednesday afternoon, but I'm down for any other time.<br>
<br>
-Patrick<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Sent with Good (www.good.com)<br>
<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
<b>From: </b>Sally Vermaaten [<a href="mailto:sally.vermaaten@nyu.edu">sally.vermaaten@nyu.edu</a>]<br>
<b>Sent: </b>Saturday, March 05, 2016 05:09 PM Eastern Standard Time<br>
<b>To: </b>Archivesspace Users Group<br>
<b>Subject: </b>Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Code4Lib 2016 events<br>
<br>
<div dir="ltr">Hi Chris,
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I'll be at Code4lib and Code4arc as well and I really like the idea of an informal ArchivesSpace meet up to code / test / spec / connect. Could we hold a ultra-low-key Birds of a Feather session on Thursday afternoon ... or something on Wednesday?</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Look forward to seeing you there,</div>
<div>Sally<br>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div class="gmail_extra"><br>
<div class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Chris Fitzpatrick <span dir="ltr">
<<a href="mailto:Chris.Fitzpatrick@lyrasis.org" target="_blank">Chris.Fitzpatrick@lyrasis.org</a>></span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex; border-left:1px #ccc solid; padding-left:1ex">
<div dir="ltr">
<div style="font-size:12pt; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Great. Maybe we can plan some kind of meetup to do some coding work as well...</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I am seeing a convergence of your request and the others for the OAI-PHM responder. I like your idea, since it I think most of it is actually pretty much already built in the indexer, since it polls the Aspace backend for created/updated/deleted records
 and triggers some actions to be passed off to another API ( i.e Solr's )<br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I think it would be pretty easy to essentially do something else, like "when a record is created, POST the JSON to this URI". Or  maybe something slightly more sophisticated, like push it messaging queue like Redis or RabbitMQ, that a second service (like
 a microservice ) could listen to and consume messages.<br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>What would a use case be? Like pushing to Blacklight or Primo or Ebsco?</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>best,chris.<br>
</p>
<p><span class=""><br>
</span></p>
<p><span class=""><br>
</span></p>
<p><span class=""><br>
</span></p>
<p><span class=""><br>
</span></p>
<div>
<div name="divtagdefaultwrapper">
<div>
<div><span class=""><font size="2">Chris Fitzpatrick | <font size="2">Developer, ArchivesSpace</font><br>
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: <a href="tel:918.236.6048" value="+19182366048" target="_blank">
918.236.6048</a><br>
<a href="http://archivesspace.org/" target="_blank">http://archivesspace.org/</a><br>
</font></span></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<span class=""><br>
<br>
</span>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<hr style="display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt" color="#000000" face="Calibri, sans-serif"><b>From:</b>
<a href="mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org" target="_blank">
archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a> <<a href="mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org" target="_blank">archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a>> on behalf of Arnold, Hillel <<a href="mailto:harnold@rockarch.org" target="_blank">harnold@rockarch.org</a>><br>
<b>Sent:</b> Thursday, January 7, 2016 7:47 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Archivesspace Users Group<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Code4Lib 2016 events</font>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>
<div class="h5">
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>Hey Chris,</div>
<div>Iíll be at Code4Lib too, although Iím already committed to other sessions for the preconference.</div>
</div>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>One idea weíve been batting around here is some sort of messaging system (inspired by Githubís webhooks [1]) which would allow authorized users to activate customizable HTTP callbacks for events, for example creation, modification or deletion of a resource
 or component. It seems like people have taken a number of approaches to figuring out when data changes in AS, but as far as I know all of these involve some sort of regularly scheduled cron job that looks at the Solr index or makes a ton of API calls. It would
 be amazing if the system could send notifications out Ė I think it would allow for much more efficient and flexible integration with other systems.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Hillel</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div>-----------</div>
<div>Hillel Arnold</div>
<div><font face="Calibri,sans-serif">Assistant Director, Head of Digital Programs</font></div>
<div>Rockefeller Archive Center</div>
<div><a href="tel:914.366.6382" value="+19143666382" target="_blank">914.366.6382</a></div>
</div>
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div style="font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt; text-align:left; color:black; border-bottom:medium none; border-left:medium none; padding-bottom:0in; padding-left:0in; padding-right:0in; border-top:#b5c4df 1pt solid; border-right:medium none; padding-top:3pt">
<span><span style="font-weight:bold">From:</span> <<a href="mailto:archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org" target="_blank">archivesspace_users_group-bounces@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a>> on behalf of Chris Fitzpatrick <<a href="mailto:Chris.Fitzpatrick@lyrasis.org" target="_blank">Chris.Fitzpatrick@lyrasis.org</a>><br>
<span style="font-weight:bold">Reply-To:</span> Archivesspace Users Group <<a href="mailto:archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org" target="_blank">archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a>><br>
<span style="font-weight:bold">Date:</span> Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 7:29 AM<br>
<span style="font-weight:bold">To:</span> Archivesspace Users Group <<a href="mailto:archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org" target="_blank">archivesspace_users_group@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a>><br>
<span style="font-weight:bold">Subject:</span> [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Code4Lib 2016 events<br>
</span></div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>
<div dir="ltr">
<div style="font-size:12pt; color:#000000; background-color:#ffffff; font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">
<p>Hi,</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>There was a question shortly before the holidays about some Aspace-related activities at Code4Lib this year in March.<br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>I am planning on attending, and will be at the <a href="http://2016.code4lib.org/workshops/Code4Arc/" target="_blank">
Code4Arc pre-conf</a> , which was a great session we had last year at C4L.</p>
<p>I am thinking of also signing up to lead a breakout session one of the days, and might put together something for a lighting talk.</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Is anyone else planning on going? Are there some possible ideas that anyone has or would like to see if attending? We might be able to expand on the breakout, if there's critical mass to possibly meet more somewhere.</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Best, Chris.<br>
</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<div>
<div name="divtagdefaultwrapper">
<div>
<div><font size="2">Chris Fitzpatrick | <font size="2">Developer, ArchivesSpace</font><br>
Skype: chrisfitzpat  | Phone: <a href="tel:918.236.6048" value="+19182366048" target="_blank">
918.236.6048</a><br>
<a href="http://archivesspace.org/" target="_blank">http://archivesspace.org/</a><br>
</font></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Archivesspace_Users_Group mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:Archivesspace_Users_Group@lyralists.lyrasis.org">Archivesspace_Users_Group@lyralists.lyrasis.org</a><br>
<a href="http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/archivesspace_users_group" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/listinfo/archivesspace_users_group</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<br>
<br clear="all">
<div><br>
</div>
--<br>
<div class="gmail_signature">
<div dir="ltr">
<div>
<div dir="ltr">Sally Vermaaten<br>
Project Manager, Archival Systems<br>
New York University Libraries</div>
<div dir="ltr">1-212-992-6259<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>