[Archivesspace_Users_Group] [EXT] Bulk transform subjects into agents?

Norton, Channing cnorton9 at library.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:24:57 EDT 2023

Megan,

It’s likely, depending on exactly what form you have this old data in, and what talent you have on your team, that the ArchivesSpace REST API is the best way to address your needs. I’ve included some useful resources below.

Main documentation
https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/api/?python#archivesspace-rest-api
list of JSON schemas for the API
https://archivesspace.github.io/archivesspace/doc/schema_list.html
ArchivesSnake (a python library for working with the ArchivesSpace API)
https://github.com/archivesspace-labs/ArchivesSnake
Example script repositories from a few different institutions
https://github.com/jhu-library-applications/archivesspace-api
https://github.com/duke-libraries/archivesspace-duke-scripts/tree/master
https://github.com/MITLibraries/archivesspace-api-python-scripts

Channing Norton (He/Him/They/Them)