[Archivesspace_Users_Group] SAA Blog Post: Managing ArchivesSpace

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Mon May 22 16:38:34 EDT 2023

Hello all,

I wrote a blog about our use of ArchivesSpace and managing it from a technical and human perspective. It includes some information on how we use a data auditor to track our archival description for any cleanup issues, how we documented our scripts and processes during and after our AT to ASpace migration, and the value of participating in a community of practitioners.

You can find it here on SAA’s Descriptive Notes blog: https://saadescription.wordpress.com/2023/05/18/care-through-coding-and-project-management/

Thank you to everyone here for providing their expertise and care as we’ve worked to implement and use ASpace. It’s been a fantastic experience working and sharing with everyone and I hope to do more so in the future.

Sincerely,

Corey
Corey Schmidt
Special Collections Libraries | Project Management Librarian/Archivist
300 S Hull St | Athens, GA 30605
706-542-8151<tel:7065428151> | Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu<mailto:Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu>
[University of Georgia]