[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Database migration error creating table

Blake Carver blake.carver at lyrasis.org
Fri May 19 10:17:14 EDT 2023

Your DB is in a bad place.
It has tables from the failed upgrade, so every time you try to run it again it sees those tables and says "nope, can't keep going, you have this one already"
Make sure you do this on a COPY of the DB and not the live site.
drop table lang_material
./scripts/setup-database.sh
it will probably fail with another "already exists" error
now drop lang_material AND that new one. You'll need to drop both because they get recreated each time you run setup again.
Keep doing that until it finishes up. There will be probably 4 or 5.
Hopefully that'll do the trick and the DB isn't messed up in any other ways.
You may also need to delete some enumeration values in there also.

ArchivesSpace expects certain things to be in certain places, and certain other things to NOT be in certain places when upgrading, if the upgrade fails only some of those things are in the right place, so it can't get past that weird state.