[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Audit changes (through API)

Dan Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Tue May 2 13:30:48 EDT 2023

Hi All,

Something related to this issue that I learned today from Brian Hoffman is
that whenever ArchivesSpace saves a top-level record, all the subrecords
are actually deleted and recreated.  This means that it is not possible to
reliably track when notes or other subrecords are created or modified.

All the best,

Dan

On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 12:12 PM Joshua D. Shaw <Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu>
wrote:

> There is an extensive set of changes for the Queensland State Archives
> that includes functionality like this. I have not used or tested this, so
> not sure how customized it is to QSA's needs, but it was developed by
> Hudson Molonglo, so it should be good stuff!
> https://gitlab.gaiaresources.com.au/qsa/as_history It may or may not work
> with the latest version of AS.
>
> Best,
> Joshua

Dan Michelson
Collections Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

For current library access and services details, see Library Services
During COVID-19
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.