[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Container instance types

Mariam Yamin m.yamin at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 11:24:23 EDT 2023

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone could share how they use container instance types in
their organisation?

We are just starting to add container instances, and are a bit unsure about
the purpose of instance types, as the format of the material being assigned
to a top container would be included in the description of the archival
object?

I can see from other organisations' PUIs that many seem to use 'Mixed
Materials' for all records. We may end up doing this, but I'd be
interested to know if anyone uses different instance types for different
types of materials, eg text, graphic materials, audio-visual etc, and if
they see any benefit in doing this?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

best wishes,

Mariam

--
Mariam Yamin
Archivist
m.yamin at sheffield.ac.uk

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/library/special-collections-heritage-and-archives

My usual days of work are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.