[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Objects: mailto in the File URI field?

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Mar 27 10:04:34 EDT 2023

Hello Mark,

There are changes coming to how File Versions display in the public interface in the next version of ArchivesSpace, so I would recommend checking those out before making changes across all of your records. That said, it may be better anyways to use a plugin or some other way to direct people to a single destination for your digital objects, rather than use that field in a way that's not its intent. Do you need published File Versions for these records at all? Maybe the published Digital Object record itself is sufficient for your purposes, with a more prominent note with the contact information.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org