[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD import error

Patricia Mitchell Patricia.Mitchell at tn.gov
Mon Jun 5 13:38:53 EDT 2023

Hi, everyone. I'm running into an error on EAD imports. This is the first time I've run into this problem, so I'm not sure what's different this time. I have also run my XML file through an EAD validator and it seems to be fine. The main error message I'm getting in ArchivesSpace is: "MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry 'root@/repositories/5/resources/1041-1000' for key 'uniq_ao_pos'>"
When I searched this error in the listserv archive, I found something about sequence numbers, but it was over my head. And most of the exchanges were from 2018 or earlier. I also don't have access to our SQL backend or the installation files for ArchivesSpace. It's all managed by our IT department. We are running v3.2.0.

Has anyone run into this error? Any advice for fixing it?

Patsy Mitchell
Description and Access Manager
Archival Collection Services
Tennessee State Library & Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North
Nashville, TN 37219