[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Tech question about Solr schema change for 3.4.0 upgrade

Connolly, Ashley asconnolly at seattleschools.org
Wed Jul 12 15:04:17 EDT 2023

Good day ArchivesSpace users,

My team manages the infrastructure and hosting side of the SPS ArchivesSpace instance. In the release notes for 3.4.0 it says “A rebuild and reindex of the Solr core will be required” - what exactly does the first part of this mean? I am assuming I overwrite the existing schema.xml in the solr core directory for AS and then reindex per the documentation, is that right? Is the specific order of operations documented anywhere? I couldn’t find anything I thought answered this after some time researching.

My team is new to Solr since we started managing ArchivesSpace, so forgive the probably (hopefully, honestly – a schema update shouldn’t be too hard) basic question. :)

Thanks!

--
Mx. Ashley Rose Connolly (pronouns: she/her)
Senior Systems Engineer – DoTS Systems Operations – Seattle Public Schools