[Archivesspace_Users_Group] External Solr - Memory Allocation?

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jan 24 06:56:51 EST 2023

Hey all

We're about to jump to v3.3.1 and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for memory allocation for Solr?

Currently we're running 6GB for the entire suite in v3.1.1 and are looking to keep the same overall memory footprint. Wondering if something like a 75/25 split (ie 4GB for AS and 2GB for Solr) would be a reasonable allocation? Or are people finding that Solr is more demanding?

Thanks!
Joshua

Joshua Shaw (he, him)
Library Web & Application Developer