[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Changing PUI inheritance

Matthew Lawson matt.lawson at uni.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:40:17 EST 2023

My goal was to change PUI inheritance in the config.rb so that the
“Preferred Citation” text is inherited by child records

So I uncommented this section at bottom and added the last property myself
which I found at
https://gist.github.com/fordmadox/6f91ee378ae9d8a471bb8720fd6f2bd9

I then removed the files in /data/indexer_pui_state and restarted the
service.  But the public and staff websites never came back up.  And I
noticed that even after a half hour indexer_pui_state was not repopulating
as I thought it should.  So I reverted to my old config.rb file and
restarted.  Some indexer files came back but the public website gave a
(rails error warning?)

*We're sorry, but something went wrong.*

I have now reverted to a save point but do not know how to fix record
inheritance.  I am on 3.1.1

AppConfig[:record_inheritance] = {

  :archival_object => {

    :inherited_fields => [

                          {

                            :property => 'title',

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'component_id',

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'language',

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'dates',

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'extents',

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'linked_agents',

                            :inherit_if => proc {|json| json.select {|j|
j['role'] == 'creator'} },

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

                          {

                            :property => 'notes',

                            :inherit_if => proc {|json| json.select {|j|
j['type'] == 'accessrestrict'} },

                            :inherit_directly =>
false

      },

                          {

                            :property => 'notes',

                            :inherit_if => proc {|json| json.select {|j|
j['type'] == 'scopecontent'} },

                            :inherit_directly => false

                          },

  {

                            :property => 'notes',

                            :inherit_if => proc { |json| json.select {|j|
j['type'] == 'prefercite'} },

                            :inherit_directly => true

                          },

                         ]