[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing and linking Top Containers via Spreadsheet?

Julie Swierczek jswierczek at FOLGER.edu
Mon Feb 6 15:26:56 EST 2023

Has anyone successfully used the ArchivesSpace 3.0+ bulk import of top containers? I have followed the instructions here: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ArchivesSpaceUserManual/pages/2457075717/Importing+and+Linking+Top+Containers+via+Spreadsheet. I've tried importing as .xslx and .csv, but I always get the same error: "Skipping creation and linking of top containers due to errors."

The instructions page says "A detailed note will appear in the Background Jobs page with the reason for failure", but the error message isn't particularly helpful.

I'm running v.3.3.1. I've tried the usual - using LibreOffice while working with spreadsheets, making sure the cells are formatted as text, etc. I'm wondering if I'm missing some other magic that someone else has figured out? Some of my box numbers include dashes and parentheses - are there any known restrictions on character types in these fields? Or do I need to sacrifice a paper clip under a full moon before running the upload?

Julie

----
Julie C. Swierczek (SWER-check)
Associate Librarian for Collection Description and Imaging
jswierczek at folger.edu<mailto:jswierczek at folger.edu> | She/her/hers
Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003
www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/> | Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/folgershakespearelibrary>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/folgerlibrary>, and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/folgerlibrary/>