[Archivesspace_Users_Group] how to add a new locale to ArchivesSpace?

Ron Van den Branden Ron.VandenBranden at antwerpen.be
Wed Dec 6 10:57:06 EST 2023

Hi Christine,

Many thanks for your detailed answer, and the complete overview of where to look for localization files.

Editing the yml files (at least those under common and frontend) is exactly the approach we've taken. So far, with the "hack" of editing the translations in the en.yml files.

I appreciate including a new translation into the ArchivesSpace code would take some time and thourough review. What I'm missing, still, is an answer to the question whether it's possible in the meantime to "properly" add a new localization, and register those nl.yml files as a NL localization in an ArchivesSpace distribution. That would make it easier, IMO, to share and contribute those Dutch translation files in an earlier stage with potential interested parties, and offer them in a more mature stage for inclusion into ArchivesSpace.

Best,

Ron