[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Managing Unique Top Containers

Dan Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:53:16 EDT 2023

We just bit the bullet and renumbered ~6,000 boxes last Fall.  It was
absolutely worth it, since non-unique box numbers in collections constantly
require weird workarounds.  No more researchers having to specify which of
the 120 different box 1s in a collection is what they're actually looking
for.

If anyone is interested in the workflows and associated python script we
came up with to carry this out without significantly disrupting collection
use, feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Dan