[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Hard re-indexing question

Andrew Morrison andrew.morrison at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 04:09:07 EDT 2022

There is a bug involving the "deleted_records" table that can cause
records to disappear after a re-index:

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1607

But it only affects things that have been transferred from one
repository to another, then back again. And that doesn't apply to
subjects, as they don't belong to any one repository. There could be
another mechanism to trigger than same bug for subjects, if so the SQL
file attached to that issue could be adapted to find and fix them.

If subjects are missing from the public interface but not from the staff
interface, then it is a problem with the indexer, or the code it calls
to check that each subject is linked to at least one published record.

Andrew.