[Archivesspace_Users_Group] training a new staff member

Tara Laver tlaver at nelson-atkins.org
Mon Oct 3 12:01:29 EDT 2022

Hello,

I'm curious to learn how you have gone about introducing a new staff member to ArchivesSpace and training them. I have somebody starting who had a brief intro to it in school but has no real experience with it. Most of what they will be doing at first is resource record creation (multi-level) and loading via spreadsheet. I don't want to overwhelm but also think that because so much is interconnected that having a good sense of the bigger picture of how it all works would also be helpful. I'm trying to choose among the many training video options available on YouTube and from the help and tutorial pages. If you have suggestions on those for what has worked for you in the past or more generally how you have approached this, I would be grateful to hear.

Many thanks,
Tara Laver

Tara Z. Laver
(she/her/hers)<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>