[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Odd results with locations & API (ASpace 2.5.2)

Matthew Adair mladair at umich.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:25:09 EST 2022

Greetings hive mind...

I've been working on some utilities for creating and updating top
containers, locations, and barcodes via the API. I've run into an odd
situation and I cannot figure out what is going on...

1. This particular Location was created several years ago (2018), and had a
top container assigned to it.
2. Through the API, I recently assigned a location profile to it.
3. Examining the location through the interface, everything seems just
fine. (ie  https://our_aspace_url.edu/locations/:ID)
4. The location shows up fine in the browse list of locations:
https://our_aspace_url.edu/locations?page=NNN
5. When I query the location directly in the api, the JSON is returned as
expected: https://our_aspace_API_url.edu/locations/:ID)

Here is the kicker, when I page through all the locations via the API  (
https://our_aspace_API_url.edu/locations?page=NNN&page_size=250 ), this one
location is not returned in the results. I thought it could be an error in
how my loops were constructed, but I have actually examined all of the
content returned from the server, and the location URI is never included.

Oddly enough, my code reports that a duplicate location URI is returned by
the server. I've verified this in the JSON returned while paging through
the results too. However, the duplicate URI changes based on the value
passed in the page_size parameter.

Over the holiday break, we performed a re-index by deleting
 data/indexer_state and  data/solr_index, then rebooting. No change in the
results.

Matt

----
*Matt Adair*
Archivist for Digital Imaging and Infrastructure

Bentley Historical Library
1150 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2113
734-647-3537
http://bentley.umich.edu
@UmichBentley

*The Bentley Historical Library acknowledges that coerced cessions of land
by the Anishnaabeg and Wyandot made the University of Michigan possible,
and we seek to reaffirm the ancestral and contemporary ties of these
peoples to the lands where the University now stands.*