[Archivesspace_Users_Group] AWS/Linux/Solr

Jesse Martinez jesse.martinez at bc.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:05:36 EDT 2022

Hi Kyle,

As a complete aside, I would strongly recommend you use the most recent
version of Solr in the 8.x series, which is 8.11.2. There are some nasty
vulnerabilities in the 8.10.x releases.

I'll make a note to ping the ASpace documentation team to update the
tech-docs pages.

Thanks,
Jesse

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 9:42 AM Peter Heiner <ph448 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Kyle Breneman wrote on 2022-11-04 12:39:13:
> > Thanks for your assistance, Don.  Yes, I did install Solr on the box.  I
> created directories and put the ArchivesSpace configset in place, as per
> instructions<
> https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/provisioning/solr.html>.
> >
> > What is giving me fits is that the command to start Solr isn’t working
> for me, and I’m not sure why.  My working assumption is that I’m missing
> something very simple.
>
> It looks like you need to give the bin/solr script execute permissions:
>
> chmod +x /opt/solr-8.10.0/bin/solr
>
> Hope that helps,

Jesse Martinez
Senior Library Applications Developer