[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Customizing the accessions template

Althea Topek atopek at smith.edu
Tue May 31 14:47:12 EDT 2022

Hi Bri,
At Smith, we have a custom accession template and Python script to import
accession records for our rare books. The template is very specific to rare
book accessioning (it includes payment information) but we usually import
two agent records for each accession (often the author and bookseller). The
documentation is available on our GitHub
<https://github.com/smith-special-collections/a2c-tools/tree/master/mrbc_accessions>
page where you can download the template and script. Let me know if you
have any questions!
Best,
Althea

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 12:31 PM McLaughlin, Brianna Jean <brijmcla at iu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> We are starting to look into the Accessions module. The Accessions
> template looks pretty simple compared to the Harvard spreadsheet template
> we’re using for importing components. Is it still possible to customize the
> spreadsheet without preventing a successful import? For example, could we
> add Agent fields by copy and pasting and adding a “_2”? Could we add more
> Event fields by following the same structure (ie
> accessions_deaccession_date). Generally, I’d love to hear any
> experimentation with customizing the Accessions template and what limits
> you’ve encountered.
>

> We’re on AS version 2.7.1, likely to be upgrading soon to 3.?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Bri McLaughlin, she/her/hers
>
> Visiting Metadata Services Librarian
>
> Indiana University