[Archivesspace_Users_Group] (re)indexing in 2.8.1

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Thu May 19 09:58:04 EDT 2022

Thanks again.

So, I currently break up my logs into four different individual logs with
these settings:

## Possible Log levels: debug, info, warn, error, fatal (severe only)
#
AppConfig[:frontend_log] = "/var/log/archivesspace/frontend.log"
AppConfig[:frontend_log_level] = "debug"
#
AppConfig[:backend_log] = "/var/log/archivesspace/backend.log"
AppConfig[:backend_log_level] = "debug"
#
AppConfig[:pui_log] = "/var/log/archivesspace/pui.log"
AppConfig[:pui_log_level] = "debug"
#
AppConfig[:indexer_log] = "/var/log/archivesspace/indexer.log"
AppConfig[:indexer_log_level] = "debug"

In each of the other logs I see both INFO and DEBUG statements, sometimes a
lot, other times fewer. But in the indexer.log file, I only see INFO
statements, no DEBUG.

But your suggestion above that the line is like "indexed ..." got me
searching other logs and I found a couple of lines like this in my backend
log:

D, [2022-05-16T14:31:45.734159 #5273] DEBUG -- : Thread-4912: Responded
with [200, {"Content-Type"=>"application/json", "Cache-Control"=>"private,
must-revalidate, max-age=0", "Content-Length"=>"21295"},
["{\"page_size\":1,\"first_page\":1,\"last_page\":1,\"this_page\":1,\"offset_first\":1,\"offset_last\":1,\"total_hits\":1,\"results\":[{\"id\":\"/repositories/2/archival_objects/1702566#pui\",\"uri\":\"/repositories/2/archival_objects/1702566\",\"title\":\"Brother
Paul Hermit CSC not
indexed.\",\"primary_type\":\"archival_object\",\"types\":[\"archival_object\",\"pui\",\"pui_archival...
in 73ms

Is this the type of thing I should continue to look for?

Thanks,
Tom

*Tom Hanstra*
*Sr. Systems Administrator*