[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Browser Access Not Working

Peter Heiner ph448 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 12 15:59:54 EDT 2022

Heidi R. Pettitt wrote on 2022-05-12 15:02:30:
> Hi All,
>
> The issue I'm having is I'm trying to access ArchivesSpace through a web browser by typing in Http://IP Address of my Archives Space server:8080.  This is supposed to bring me to an Archives Space login in web page but it says it is unable to connect.  When I enter the command netstat -an -p tcp | find "8080" at a command prompt, it is not showing anything which means port 8080 is not listening.  I don't know what to do to get port 8080 to listen.

The intended effect of the command you posted is to search for the string
8080 anywhere in the output of the netstat command, however, on a Posix system
'find' searches for files, you'd want 'grep' to filter netstat's piped output.

In any case, 'unable to connect' means that the connection could not be
established, so netstat output is unlikely to be helpful. Verify each
component of the full URL: scheme, IP address and port.

Hope that helps,