[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Web developer in libraries

Waxman, Jennifer jwaxman1 at tulane.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:19:26 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

For the web developer archivists in the field, what skills and knowledge are important for working with ArchiveSpace? I'm pulling a list together for our library administration. Our ASpace instance is hosted so we don't expect our library IT department to customize or update the code locally. Instead I'm thinking about programming languages like Python, ability to work with API, data manipulation tools (XQuery, OpenRefine), and other protocols like OAI. If there are other useful tools that you use regularly, I'd love to know.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jennifer Waxman (she/her)
Head of Collection Management
Tulane University Special Collections
Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Jones Hall
6801 Freret Street
New Orleans LA 70118
504.247.1806
jwaxman1 at tulane.edu<mailto:jwaxman1 at tulane.edu>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8428B.CF43BD00]
Please note: I will be working remote on Fridays.