[Archivesspace_Users_Group] SOLR SetUp- 3.2.0

Brian Hoffman brian.hoffman at lyrasis.org
Fri Mar 18 13:03:48 EDT 2022

Hi Scott,

It is normal to get a 404 if you make a curl request for the core url, since the core itself doesn’t have any actions. Try

https://localhost:8983/solr/archivesspace/select

Brian

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of RENTON Scott <Scott.Renton at ed.ac.uk>
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022 at 1:00 PM
To: archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] SOLR SetUp- 3.2.0
Hi folks

I've followed the instructions to set SOLR up externally on the first of four servers. It looks ok, as I can see the archivesspace core showing on the SOLR Admin panel. However, the URL for config- https://localhost:8983/solr/archivesspace - gives a 404 (either as a wget on the server or with the localhost changed to servername (port locked down only to certain users)). Is that surprising? Certainly every reference has a # between solr and archivesspace when I navigate through the admin area. If, however, it will 404 until it has some data and will then function, great.

I've used SOLR v.8.10.0, and am on CentOS 7- I don't want to push on with the 3.2 upgrade until I know I'm through this bit!

Cheers
Scott

Scott Renton

Digital Library Development & Systems

Floor F East

Argyle House

515219
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.