[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace create/edit records failure - recurrent issue

Kathleen Krause-Thompson kthompson at tsl.texas.gov
Tue Jun 21 15:53:07 EDT 2022

Fairly often at start of the day, I need to restart our ArchivesSpace instance to fix the following issue, as described by our Archivist:

In an Accession or Resource record, any attempt to edit those records fails and the screen jumps back to the top of record and the system says the record has been saved, though no edit was made and the Save button had not been clicked on. I'm attaching a screenshot of Accession record for this showing the "Accession 2022/xxx updated" message though I made no edit to it and had only clicked on "Add Agent Link" in that record while in Edit mode. Restarting the system gets it back to responding normally when doing Accession and Resource record editing.

We are running ArchivesSpace v.2.8.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9. Any comments or recommendations will be appreciated.

Texas State Library & Archives
Kathleen Thompson
Linux Systems Administrator
ITS Division