[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Object Module validation error

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Wed Jun 1 10:46:00 EDT 2022

Hey Julia,

In my experience, when a validation error occurs, that means there's something wrong with the data that ArchivesSpace couldn't understand. For example, we write some EAD and XML tags<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ArchivesSpaceUserManual/pages/890208354/Using+EAD+Tagging+XML+Special+Characters+and+Punctuation+in+Text+Fields> into our notes that are incorrectly formatted, like missing an ending > for instance: Hello, my name is <emph>Bob</emph. Or it could be ArchivesSpace was looking for a piece of data, but couldn't find it, like so: {"id_0"=>["Property is required but was missing"]} (borrowed from this post<http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2014-March/000194.html>).

I would check the archival and digital object notes and any other free text fields for errors like these first. If you don't see anything wrong, could you give us more info? Specifically: Are there any other details besides "validation error" that ArchivesSpace is giving you? How are you adding the digital object (through staff interface or spreadsheet importer)? Could you send us the JSON for the archival and digital objects?

Corey