[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Note labels via spreadsheet importer?

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Thu Jan 13 15:07:25 EST 2022

Hi all,

Is there any way to add a label to a General Note in an archival object
using the Excel import spreadsheet? I took a stab and I added a column with
"n_odd_label" in row 6, but received the following error:

Start new bulk_import for job: 235
Labels Test_ 2.8.1 aspace_import_excel_template_modified_CURRENT.xlsx
Row 6: Created Archival Object 'Broadsides, 1900'
/repositories/2/archival_objects/818434
e557c2dd8410298638dcb4a8ec4867ce
Row 6:	ERROR ["Note Type 'odd_label' is not supported"]
The file has been processed
Completed import of Labels Test_ 2.8.1
aspace_import_excel_template_modified_CURRENT.xlsx

Compiling results CSV file

Perhaps there is another way? We want to use a general note for several
different purposes, the purpose described in the label field, in about 4K
archival objects in an inventory. I could perhaps go back and update the
database or use the API to add the label, but hoping there's a way we can
just handle it in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!
Olivia

--