[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Digital Objects and ASpace performance

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Mon Feb 28 12:50:44 EST 2022

Hello all,

Our team is beginning to consider how to use digital objects in conjunction
with our Islandora repository/Archivematica. We manage our own ArchiveSpace
instance so system maintenance is a big consideration.

If you manage your own ASpace instance and implemented the digital object
module, did you notice any impact it had on system performance?

We have tens of thousands of objects in our repository and are concerned
that adding that many digital objects might slow things down. If it does,
we may need to create digital objects that link to the collection level in
our repository —  which corresponds to an archival collection — though it
would be nice to integrate them at a more granular level.

Did performance impact at what level you decided to implement the digital
objects module? How have you noticed digital objects affecting any load
testing you've done?

Thanks!
Olivia

--