[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Approach to describing single items

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Feb 4 09:39:46 EST 2022

Hi Amy,

We use Option 2 and also rely on the CUI for Digital Object IDs and downstream digitization processes.

We used this same pattern in our legacy EAD authoring/discovery system in a component description (<did>…<unitid>) and continued it into aspace.

John

John P. Rees
Archivist and Digital Resources Manager
History of Medicine Division
National Library of Medicine
301-827-4510
Teleworking M-F 8:00AM – 4:30PM Eastern Time each day until further notice