[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issue with searching by identifier in PUI

Jesse Griffis jagriffis at mail.wvu.edu
Thu Dec 15 14:23:37 EST 2022

Thank you for the advice. I believe we waited for the index to finish completely, but I will double check that. We are able to find the record through regular keyword searches, and in the staff UI we can find it using the exact same identifier search term. I have a theory that it may have something to do with input sanitization on the PUI side as well as the issue with identifier truncation mentioned in https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1556 . The identifier in question has an ampersand which gets translated to "&" in the PUI search and since that isn't an exact match to the identifier it doesn't get returned. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix the ampersand issue and test this theory.